small goals: august 2017

August 1, 2017


Well, July has come and gone, and I was kind of productive. Kind of. But, I am feeling okay, and also I am feeling like I am developing some good productivity habits for the school year. If you want to join a link up and share your goals with others, you can check out Writes Like a Girl. So, here's how I did with my July goals:

1. No new clothes or makeup for the month.   // Success! It got a little dicey towards the end as I was realllllly close to buying a lipstick, especially after all the hype from national lipstick day. But, I made it! I think that by getting back into sewing, I was able to soothe my need for new clothes by creating something. More on that in a second. 

2. Run at least once a week.   // Not really. I ran once, missed a week, then ran again. I think that if I plan to run in the morning on Saturdays, and actually have a day chosen, this may be more successful.

3. Start a Donors Choose campaign for my classroom.   // Nope. I have been putting this off for a year, so I shouldn't be too shocked that this proved to be difficult to initiate. I had trouble restarting my profile, and got hung up on needing a profile picture, which as of now is still blank because the website won't allow me to upload a photo. I am going to get this up and running, though. So, I will move this goal into August.

4. Read at least two books about teaching.   // Yes! I finished "It Won't Be Easy" and "Whistling Vivaldi" and both were great. 

5. Finish two DIY projects.   // Success! I made a DIY linen spray using this tutorial. My clothes now smell like vanilla and cedar, and this is especially great for clothes only worn once for a light work out that I don't want to wash just yet.  I also finished my nerdy "valar morghulis" cross stitch, which is framed in yellow roses. I am going to say that this cross stitch is in honor of Olenna Tyrell from Game of Thrones, the Queen of Thornes. 

August is going to be a time full of relaxing, and busy with preparation. I am looking forward to it, but it has the urgency of the ending of summer, and the beginning of a new school year. Hopefully I can manage to prepare enough that I can relax. Here are my August goals:

1. Only purchase clothes and accessories that are secondhand or vintage.   // I am really excited for this goal! After successfully slowing my buying habits, I want to intentionally seek out secondhand pieces to start offsetting my fast fashion purchases, and educate myself more about sustainable fashion. 

2. Stick to a quarterly budget.   // I would like to set a quarterly budget for myself and then stick to it. I need to do a bit more thinking about what that amount will be, but I would like to limit my personal purchases to a seasonal budget that allows me to be more intentional about when, and what, I buy. 

3. Start a Donors Choose campaign for my classroom.   // Here is my migrated goal from July. I emailed Donors Choose about where I got stuck in the process, and hopefully they can help me out so that I can move forward. I would love to get this done as soon as possible. 

4. Complete draft calendars for the first quarter of my classes.   // I have a start for both ninth and eleventh grade. I just need to complete these calendars so that I can breathe easier. Plus, I am telling myself that if they are drafts they do not need to be perfect. I repeat, they do not need to be perfect. They just need to be done. 

5. Complete at least one DIY project.   // I think I can finish more than one project, but I want to be realistic with how much time I functionally have in August. So, one project. Things that could be finished: an embroidered evil eye pillow or an off the shoulder shirt sewn from scratch that I have all the materials for. Crafting has been such a lovely opportunity for me to sort through old materials, and get excited about being creative!


What are your goals for August?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Pedagogic Style. Design by Fearne.