three favorites: july 16, 2017

July 16, 2017

My mother always used to ask us what our 'three favorites' were on our way home from a holiday or vacation. I'm trying to view every week of my life with gratitude, so I am using my mother's question to guide my weekly reflection. Here are my three favorites from my week, big or small. 

1. These red heels from Aldo. I bought these for my birthday. My mind was telling me that I needed them. Of course, I did not. However, these heels fit just right, and are a lovely pop of color to add to my wardrobe. Now, I just need to orchestrate a date to wear them on...

2. Dusting my baseboards with socks. Slowly but surely, I am systematically cleaning my house so that I can wait another year before deep cleaning it again. Part of my crusade against grime and dust this summer has been to dust my baseboards with a sock. It's magical. The sock grabs the dust in each crevice along the wood, and can be washed like wasn't tasked with picking up dust that has accumulated for probably five years. I am loving the way the tackled rooms feel so much more crisp.

3. That summer glow that is half highlighter and half sweat. You know the one. That shine that develops on your face because it is summer and it is hot. I am loving that right now and not even fighting my face's oily state. I am totally embracing it and combining it with highlighter, because I'll be wishing for skin this lush in the winter.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Pedagogic Style. Design by Fearne.