three favorites: june 18, 2017

June 18, 2017

My mother always used to ask us what our 'three favorites' were on our way home from a holiday or vacation. I'm trying to view every week of my life with gratitude, so I am using my mother's question to guide my weekly reflection. Here are my three favorites from my week, big or small. 

1. Essie Nail Polish in Master Plan. I love this color of nail polish. It never clashes with anything that I am wearing, and looks modern. I love the Essie formula, too.

2. Curriculum design work. Yet again, I worked for my district to design curriculum and edit what we have already created. It's great to get together with other teachers, and really dig into curriculum. I find that I have a better sense of priorities for my teaching next year if I do this kind of work over the summer. Some things that are one my mind: streamlining my feedback on writing, intentionally grouping students for feedback or remediation or giving them an extra challenge, including more choice reading into my curriculum, and including more resources for my ELL students.

3. This recipe for chilled cream of basil soup from with food + love. I made this for some friends this week, and it is a great vegan option for the summer! It uses cashews, basil, and garlic for a soup base that is flavorful and creamy, and then has a tart corn and cucumber salad that goes on top. The flavors blended really well.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Pedagogic Style. Design by Fearne.