three favorites: march 20, 2016

March 20, 2017


My mother always used to ask us what our 'three favorites' were on our way home from a holiday or vacation. I'm trying to see every week of my life with gratitude, so I am using my mother's question to guide my weekly reflection. Here are my three favorites from my week, big or small. 

1. Elnett Hairspray. I love this stuff. It's a fine mist, unscented, and a can lasts forever. I appreciate that this can hold my pixie in place instead of flopping all over.

2. Talking with students. I had two really nice conversations with students today that were really renewing, whether it was talking about poetry or personal struggles. It's a reminder that the spring is a time to witness planted seeds of trust bloom.

3. Dungeons and Dragons. I've been working hard to include more time in my week to see friends and set a routine again. My routine has come to include grading with friends at a coffee shop on Sunday, which is so renewing, and playing Dungeons and Dragons Sunday evenings. It's so nerdy, but it is so fun to create a story of adventure and trials with a small community of people. I didn't know what the game would be like, but it takes so much imagination, which I love. I am buying my own set of dice.

What are you loving this week?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Pedagogic Style. Design by Fearne.