three favorites: february 5, 2017

February 5, 2017


1. This pen. The Bic Atlantis fine tip pens are giving me life this week. I know, there's a lot going on in America. All of those things are stressing me out. It's nice to find a pen that makes my handwriting look at its best all the time, and doesn't bleed through paper.

2. Podcasts are keeping me sane. I especially appreciate Pod Save America, Another Round, and The Daily. These podcasts are balancing acknowledging how bleak things feel politically with resilience. Pod Save America is hosted by two previous Obama White House staff; they are knowledgeable and candid about their opinions of our current political climate. Another Round has been one of my consistent favorites, and host Heben is back after being away; I love that she and Tracy center their blackness and find joy and meaning in whatever is happening. The Daily is hosted by Michael Barbaro, who hosted the Podcast "The Run Up" for the New York Times and now has focused in on a new show that asks some of the questions underlying the news that don't always get asked.

3. Archer Farms Cinnamon Honey Almonds are the "healthy" snack I have been waiting for. Yes, they are coasted in a buttery sugary shell, but they are almonds that last me a week in my car, and keep me from eating Cheetos on my ride home from work.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Pedagogic Style. Design by Fearne.