three favorites: december 18, 2016

December 18, 2016


1. Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm. This is the best lip balm I have ever tried, and I have tried a lot. The balm is a velvety smooth texture, and smells of honey and citrus. It glides onto my lips, and leaves them smooth and nourished for hours. This is great to use at nighttime, or as a thin layer almost wiped off under lipstick. This lip balm saves my lips every winter, and can be found at Target.

2. Clover Takumi bamboo knitting needles and the lovely Purl Soho knitting patterns. I am getting back into knitting, and am halfway done with a chunky apricot colored pom pom topped beanie hat (pattern here), and have just started a sliver of a large ombre seed stitched wrap (pattern here). It's nice to create something, and knitting is such a cozy activity. I like bamboo needles best because they are warm and slightly grippy. I am also loving the Purl Soho patterns. Their photography is gorgeous, and their patterns are so simple but beautiful. The act is knitting is helping me to feel calmer and more at peace, which I will admit I desperately need.

3. Listening to The Bat by Jo Nesbø on Audible. I got halfway through this story on ebook, but then my copy was returned to the electronic cloud that I borrowed it from through my local library. I bit the bullet, and downloaded The Bat with Audible, and now I am working my way through the story of Harry Hole, a Norwegian detective trying to solve the murder of a Norwegian woman in Australia. I'm still trying to figure out if I like Harry or not. This series is wildly popular, and I am waiting to see why. But, it's fun to listen to while knitting and fills my apparent need for the constant intake of murder mysteries.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Pedagogic Style. Design by Fearne.