three favorites: november 6, 2016

November 6, 2016


Hello all, it is Sunday night, and I am taking a moment to reflect on my three favorites from this week. My school week was a blur of creating models for final projects, and managing the chaos of the week before finals. I am in denial that the quarter ends this next week for our school. But, here are some items that helped me to survive, and sassed up my weekend.

1. Revlon Colorstay Foundation for oily/combination skin. I love this foundation, and it is the only full coverage foundation I own. This formula doesn't break me out, it lasts me a whole work day, and I am often impressed by how it melds with my skin when I get into my car to drive home. I think this is a good foundation to wear to work, especially if it will last me through teaching high schoolers, it should last someone who works in an office the whole day.

2. A thrifted black silk camisole. I recently found an untagged silk camisole at an Arc's Value Village near my house for three dollars. This weekend I wore it tucked into a pair of high waisted jeans under a cardigan, and I am in love! It is light and airy, and I loved having a layer that didn't cling to me. I may have to do some research to see if there are any reasonably priced silk camisoles out there.

3. Shalimar perfume, pretty sure I am wearing the eau de parfum. I found a perfume sample from Nordstrom this weekend that I had squirreled away. I've been thinking about warmer scents as the weather cools, and and low and behold, my sample was Shalimar, a classic oriental fragrance. This is a perfume that was worn by flappers, and is a smoky and powdery vanilla with a hint of citrus hidden on the edges. I am a sucker for anything vanillic and powdery. I threw on a red lip, sprayed my pulse points, and felt like a whole new person while running errands. I may need to order a decant of this for going out and weekends.

Here's a snap that sneakily captured all of my favorites, from my foundation and perfume to my silk camisole.

What were you loving this week?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Pedagogic Style. Design by Fearne.