three favorites: november 27, 2016

November 27, 2016


1. Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Mask. This is a lovely clay mask that isn't drying. I put it on when I need to relax. I take off my makeup, and smooth a thin layer of the mask on. It is tingly, and smells so beautiful. My skin feels renewed when I take this off.

2. Yogi Egyptian Mint Tea. Ooooh, this tea is so delicious. I bought this a while ago when I wasn't feeling well, and it is so soothing and warming and sweet and just all around good. If you are looking for a sweeter, spicer tea to keep you warm as the weather cools, this one is it.

3. Moonlight. I went to go see Moonlight with a dear friend while our husbands were playing Magic the Gathering. (Yes, I married a nerd.) We made the right choice because this was such an amazing film. It tells the story of Chiron, a boy growing into a man in Miami, who is dealing with his mother's addictions and his own attractions to men. The film was beautifully and masterfully shot, with many quiet moments to reflect Chiron's quiet and removed sensibilities, and many dizzying shots that communicated the turmoil of growing up and struggling to survive and be loved. I am still thinking about this striking depiction of an African American man's growth and life. You have to go see it.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Pedagogic Style. Design by Fearne.