three favorites: september 10, 2016

September 11, 2016

Ellie glasses from EyeBuyDirect 

After feeling kind of sick during workshop week, I recovered and had a lovely weekend. Now, the first week of school is finished. Here are three things that are making me happy.

1. My glasses. I love the speckled frames and the silver studs. Upturned frames are where it's at.

2. The Enneagram test. My friend Bekah told me about this test, and there is a great in depth episode of The Liturgist podcast explaining the origins of this personality type system. I took a version of the test before the school year started, but found a more extensive site recently that helped me to understand my personality type in more depth. According to The Enneagram Institute, I am a Seven, which is "the enthusiast" personality. They describe Sevens as "The Busy, Variety-Seeking Type: Spontaneous, Versatile, Acquisitive, and Scattered". Their descriptions gave me insight into myself that I hadn't seen from other tests, especially in the area of will power, which I have been trying to work on lately.

If you're looking for another language or system to examine yourself, and communicate your needs and motivations, I would highly recommend giving the test a try.

3. Stranger Things. Michael and I just finished the first season of this show on Netflix. It was a perfect combination of The Goonies and The X-Files. I loved it. The combination of the younger cast, the teenagers, and the adults working together against a monster that inhabits a shadow world was awesome: plenty of thrills, and the character Eleven is so interesting. Ugh. So good.



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Pedagogic Style. Design by Fearne.