reading: Cambodia Noir

May 29, 2016


I can feel an obsession starting. I have always loved murder mysteries and thrillers. My Netflix queue is full of Murder She Wrote, Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Top of the Lake, and Criminal Minds; however, I have now started reading mysteries and thrillers and I am hooked.

I follow @CrimeByTheBook on instagram (who also has a lovely blog) and saw a gorgeous picture she took that included a donut and this book, Cambodia Noir, by Nick Seeley. So, of course I had to read the book.

I downloaded the book to my kindle app, and then became immersed in the journal entries written by the mysterious and absent young journalist, Jun, and the first person narration of jaded photo-journalist, Will. Scarily perceptive Will is hired to investigate the disappearance of an intern from his paper. But, through twists and turns he realizes that Jun is not who he thought she was, and that his complacency in Cambodia is challenged by the danger he is in.

I don't want to give away more than that. This is an intense book- drugs, sex, danger. But, it was an enjoyable read, and I couldn't stop updating my friends on the twists and turns. If you like mystery, and have a stomach for the bleak, pick this one up. It is so good.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Pedagogic Style. Design by Fearne.